I was initially disheartened for a few days knowing one of my priority before agreeing to go has to be settled, which was finding a church (March). The first few days on the google, gave me results of some centuries old building. After more effort, found churches which hopefully would have English speaking service. Then after more filtering, I narrowed down to International Christian Fellowship or ICF for short. They have a main church in Zurich with abt 20-30+ daughter churches in mainly swizterland and germany.
Then I tried to contact them through email and youtube but no reply (April). Then one fine day, I decided to try to find them on facebook and haha, there they are. Thus I contacted with one of the leader in the english/spanish service. Hallelujah... He responded too.
Back at home church, one of my pastor wanted to recommend me to a church which she visited during her holiday in swiss. She talked about the church having a bar counter and using a warehouse for service. Then I went to http://www.icf.ch/ to look at their photos in the media section (the guy with wineglass n sunglass). I, for a moment saw a small sign/confirmation. It was exactly as to what she said. Thus I emailed her to confirm it and she replied that this was the church she visited (May).
Haha, coincidence, maybe once but not twice. My church just finished the reading of Psalms at abt the end of May. The swiss church, started preaching on Psalms from end May till mid July.
Tired, thus that's all for now. But really thank God, for providing fellowship. My home church is in a year of Sabbath... To me, it's a rest in some way heading there but also to continue being in church, in fellowship and in service while I'm over there. But lots of growing also, in language learning, polishing on my rusty cooking and most of all, to be rooted in Christ.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment