Otherwise bought quite some stuff already but constantly reminding myself before purchase if each item is a need or a want. Went on quite a shopping spree over this week. At least I checked through my cupboard, and realised I can use some old winter jackets till 0 deg since my last test was 14 deg with short-sleeve at night waiting for bus for 10 mins. Also, on myself, there are some ultra insulation.
Short story of how I arrived here or rather be heading to Swiss soon?
Jan - Had review with bosses and they stated that there maybe possibility of heading to Swizterland for training. Also it maybe me or my colleague. So it's like 1 in 4 [25%] chance of happening.
Feb - Struggling hard through it. During my meeting with my cell group in worship, God spoke personally to lay it down. My reply, "Your will be done. To go & be trained or stay put & serve cell, I lay dead for whatever will come."
Mar - Received the verse Isaiah 43:19 a few days before offer to be trained in Switzerland was told. Left me puzzled thus I scratched my head. Offer came, thank God yet struggled again (human of habits & comforts, resistant to change) [This would be 200% since both of us are offered and we have to decide if we wanted to go or not]. Ask God & leadership about posting with which they are fine. I also asked boss, with regards to china volunteer trip[between posting or before posting] which she was ok (I'm blessed).
Apr - Went to search online for an english church but initially church would be some centuries old building. Didn't give up & finally found one which was located in Zurich (a 1-1.5 hrs by train every weekend to church). They have a evening spanish-english service for the international congregation. Their style is similiar to FCBC back home, so that's cool. Thus my flight to Zurich was confirmed end July, which gave me time to serve the china volunteer trip & see a great magic show.
May - Due to unforeseen circumstances, the china volunteer trip was cancelled. Thus I informed my boss and would also need to head to Zurich end June instead. This caused my heart to accelerate quite a bit as what used to be 80+ days left in s'pore became 50+. I did run through my mind what happened to me(bits of reluctance to leave now) as I was like so excited when I departed for studies in U.K. I guess the environment was a lot more different (language, a few s'porean there & $$$ country [more ex than U.K]) and also having formed many solid friendships over the past 6 years (2002-2008). Not to forget the weddings of my close friends in church & other friend's wedding. Oh, almost forgot about the testimony of a small sign that I should join the church which I found during Apr (share in next blog).
In summary, Hallelujah... =) Have been so blessed with supportive church friends, colleagues, family and also God who made the path so straight. It's also a humbling experience, working, starting cooking again and do the daily/weekly routines (cook, laundry & marketing). The bits of excitement is making new friends (colleagues, church & climbing/hiking) & yes, the great outdoors along with cold weather. But I'm so gonna miss the MagicBox and the return of my sister's family from overseas. Nice to start blogging & remind myself also of Psalms 23:1 "God is my Shepherd, I shall not be in want."

Not that I would become a chef but with things just falling into place, I admit that I've been truly blessed.
=)
No comments:
Post a Comment